Dark Day at the Fair: The Murder of Bobie and Marilyn Blewer

Standing in the hot Florida sun, Jerimy realized that he was finished.

The money was gone, and his name was in papers across the country. He had run, had tried to be clever, but now he realized that it had all been pointless.

Jerimy took a deep breath and lowered his head. Besides, he was tired of running.

It seemed like a lifetime ago that he had left Iowa and headed south to Missouri. From there, he had gone to Kansas City.

Everything seemed to blur together after that. He had gone to New York City, then all the way back west to Los Angeles. After a few days, he went back across the country to Miami, Florida. Along the way, he had seen his name in a newspaper article.

That’s when he knew he was a wanted man. Police all over the country were looking for him now.

The article had mentioned a few of his more prominent tattoos, so he got them covered by new ones at a local tattoo parlor.

But he knew it was all useless. He could keep running, but it wouldn’t do any good. The cops had his number. He could keep running, but he was going to lose in the end. He was never going to get away.


Jerimy Sneed. Courtesy of the Gazette


It was time to get this over with.

Resigned to his fate, Jerimy called the Miami Police Department.

He told them who he was and what he had done, then told them where they could pick him up.

An hour later, Jerimy was still waiting. He kept looking anxiously down the street, trying to catch a glimpse of a police car.

Finally, his patience short, he began to re-think his options.

Maybe he could get away, money or not. He’d never had a lot of money, so what difference would it make? If the cops didn’t want to come and arrest him after he called them, then they deserved to have it the hard way. They’d have to earn their arrest.

Just as Jerimy was about to get up and start walking away, a police car pulled up to the curb.

He wouldn’t have to run after all.

The officers took him into custody and brought him to a nearby police station.

There, detectives sat with him in a small interrogation room.

He knew that he would have to confess what he had done. The guilt had been building inside of him.

He had been running from it for days, but now it was time to face it. His entire life, no matter what bad things he had done, Jerimy had always accepted the consequences of his actions.

After a few moments, Jerimy began to tell his story.

Bobie Blewer wanted something more.

That might have been hard for some people to believe. He had a successful career with a recruiting company in Missouri and had just gotten married to the love of his life, Marilyn. What more could anyone want in the late 1960’s?

But Bobie did. He didn’t want to work for anyone else anymore. He wanted to run his own business in the exact way that he chose to run it, without anyone else telling him how to do it. The only people he would answer to would be himself, his family, and, of course, the customer.

But what could he do?

Bobie didn’t want to abandon everything he had and jump at just anything that came along. That wouldn’t do anyone any good.

On a trip to Silver Dollar City near Branson, Missouri, he found something that answered that question and changed everything for him.

Funnel cakes had just started hitting their stride in the 1960’s. Bobie was fascinated by them when he saw them at Silver Dollar City, and he was struck with a business inspiration.

He knew that the product had possibilities and saw an opportunity to achieve his dream of running his own business. After discussing it with Marilyn, Bobie commissioned a concession trailer to be built.

Shortly after it was finished, the couple hit the road, travelling from festival to fair, selling funnel cakes from their stand, called Florrie’s Funnel Cakes.

Bobie had been right – they were a huge hit. Before long, the Blewer’s were doing so well that they had a second food trailer built. Their whole lives began to revolve around the time that they travelled from June to September.

As their children got older, they joined their parents on the road.

Their oldest daughter, Jamie, was the first, with the next children, Jada and Beau, tagging along as soon as they were old enough. Bobie’s dream job had become a successful family business.


The Blewer Family. (From bottom left) Bobie, Marilyn, Jamie. (From Top Left) Jada, Beau. Courtesy of the Des Moines Register


In the mid-1970’s, the Blewer’s were invited to the Iowa State Fair, one of the biggest state fairs in the country. They jumped at the chance, but soon found out that many Iowans had no idea what a funnel cake was.

Undaunted, Bobie, ever the salesman, served free pieces of funnel cake to people walking past his trailer. Before long, the treat became just as popular as it was everywhere else they had been. The Iowa State Fair became one of the regular stops on their annual fair circuit.

The years passed, and Jamie married a man named Rodney Borushaski. The couple had two children, and Rodney would help with his in-laws’ food stand while Jamie attended nursing school.

In 1996, nearly 20 years after they had started working at the Iowa State Fair, Rodney introduced a friend of his to Bobie.

His name was Jerimy Sneed, a 22-year-old man who was living in Kansas City. He needed a job, and he knew that Bobie hired help for the food stands during the fair season.

Bobie and Marilyn soon found out that Sneed had been in and out of prison for years and had just been released on parole. Regardless of any initial hesitation they had, Rodney vouched for Jerimy, and Bobie decided to hire him despite his past.

Around the same time, Jerimy moved in with Rodney and Jamie on the farm.

In late July and early August 1996, Jerimy worked with the Blewer’s at the Mississippi Valley Fair in Davenport, Iowa. Their time there went well, but after they were finished, Jerimy told them he had decided to return to Missouri.

Jerimy and Bobie parted on good terms, and they went their separate ways.

The next stop for the Blewer’s was the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa.

When the Blewer’s travelled, they stayed in a converted charter bus they had bought and refurnished. They had been assigned a place at the campground on the fairgrounds, not too far from their stand.

The main part had a booth with a small table, a couch, and two armchairs. The bus also had its own kitchenette, bathroom, shower, and a bed for Marilyn and Bobie.


The converted charter bus that the Blewer’s stayed in when they travelled. Courtesy of the Des Moines Register


Beau and Jada, now teenagers, were travelling with their parents on this trip. Jamie was finishing up classes for nursing school, so had opted to stay at home in Missouri. Besides, she had to look after her children, who were still too young to help with the stand.

As they worked the fair, the Blewer’s were very pleasantly surprised when Jerimy showed up at the stand one day. They welcomed him and hired him back immediately.

When they found out he didn’t have a place to stay, they told him that he could stay on the bus with them. Normally, Beau and Jada alternated between the couch and the floor, but they were more than happy to let him take a turn on the couch with them.

On the morning of August 12, 1996, Beau woke up Jada and Beau so that they could open the stand. They got up, dressed, and drove to their food stand on the main fairgrounds.

Jerimy was still fast asleep. Beau and Jada had been kind enough to let him have the more comfortable couch for the night.

The siblings went into the trailer and started the process of getting ready for their long, hot day at the fair.

The morning progressed normally for them. When they had first opened that morning, only a trickle of people had started coming in. That trickle gradually became a flood as thousands of people from all over the state came onto the fairgrounds.

Mid-morning, Beau left the stand and took some things back to the charter bus.  An hour later, Bobie called the two teenagers over one of their two-way radios that they used to talk back and forth. He wanted to know if Beau had put transmission fluid in their truck. They replied that they hadn’t done that yet and went back to serving people at the stand.


The Blewer’s concession stand, Florrie’s Funnel Cakes. Courtesy of the Des Moines Register.


As the day drug on and the lines grew, they really began wishing their parents would come over. This wasn’t anything that Beau and Jada hadn’t handled before, but a few extra sets of hands would make things a lot easier.

By the time noon had come and gone, they still hadn’t seen their parents. They knew that they had things they were going to take care of, but they usually would have seen one or both by that point. Bobie and Marilyn didn’t usually leave Beau and Jada to run the stand by themselves when it got too busy, so them not being there was completely out of character.

Beau and Jada began to worry that something must have come up. Beau decided to see exactly what.

Leaving Jada in charge of the stand, he went back to the family’s bus to find out.

He and Jada were due to drive back to Missouri that night. Jada had to go back to school that week, and everyone wanted to make sure that she got back on time. Part of the reason Marilyn had stayed behind at the bus that day was that she was taking care of the family’s laundry so that Jada had clean clothes to wear to her classes.

On Beau’s way toward the campground, he stopped by one of the fair gates to get a wristband. Wearing one allowed him to leave the fairgrounds and get back in without having to pay for a ticket.

Bobie had been going to pay the fair management that morning. As payment for being allowed to set up their stands on the fairgrounds, the stand owners had to pay the fair a percentage of their earnings.

Bobie was known to be quite the talker, and it wasn’t unusual for him to take a little extra time talking to someone. But he was a responsible man, and he never took this long.

Beau jogged easily toward the bus, quickly eating up the distance. He just wanted to do a quick check-in with his parents, and then get back and help Jada at the food stand.

When he arrived at the bus, the first thing he saw was that the door was open slightly. Beau didn’t think much of it, and started to climb the steps inside. His parents might have just left it open for ventilation. Beau looked down and saw a roll of cash laying on one of the steps leading inside.

His first thought was that Bobie must have dropped it by accident as he was leaving.

He called out to his parents as he went inside. It was dark, and it took his eyes a minute to adjust. When they did, he noticed his parents laying on the floor.

Thinking that they were laying down for a nap, he told them to wake up. The stand was busy and he could use the help.

They didn’t move.

Beau walked over and shook Bobie’s foot to wake him up. Bobie still didn’t move.

That was when he noticed the blood.

In a second, Beau noticed that his father’s mouth had a strip of duct tape across it, and his head was bleeding.

Looking over at his mother, Beau saw that her hands were bound and there was something covering her mouth as well.

Realizing that they were hurt, Beau ran back to the fair gate to get help.

Police and emergency services were quickly dispatched to the bus, but it was already far too late. Bobie and Marilyn Blewer were both dead, shot to death at close range.

Although the investigators tried to keep everything as quiet as possible as they gathered the facts and details of the murder, the news had already spread like wildfire amongst the other food vendors.

When reporters had asked the police for the identities of the victims, they had been refused. However, when they talked to the vendors about the murders, they told them everything that they had heard, including the identity of the victims.

It didn’t take long for word to reach Jada, who was still at the food stand. As she worked, someone told her that they had just heard something had happened to her parents. Concerned, Jada walked out of the stand and began calling for them on the two-way radio.

No answer came.

As she was talking into the radio, another person came up and told her that both of her parents had just been shot to death in the campground. The radio slid out of her hands as she began running toward the Blewer’s bus.

When she got there, Jada was stopped by the authorities. Yellow tape had been stretched in a perimeter around the bus, with members of law enforcement keeping people away.

Gently, Jada was led away by authorities.

Polk County assistant attorney Frank Severino had been called in to investigate the murder, along with Dave Button, a special agent with the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation. They were both shocked.

There hadn’t ever been a murder at the Iowa State Fair before, not in its 142-year history.

Beau’s hands were checked for gunpower residue in order to rule him out as a suspect. The test came back negative. He was then questioned in order to try and find a possible motive for the murders, and perhaps a suspect.

Jada was kept separately from her brother and was also fingerprinted and questioned.

As the investigation carried on, Rodney arrived from Missouri. He had come to help Bobie and Marilyn run the stand while Beau and Jada went back home.

Investigators questioned him, but he said he didn’t know anything. When they were finished, he rushed to find Jada and Beau.

Authorities had also finished questioning the two siblings, and they had finally been allowed to see each other. When he found them, Rodney encouraged them to come home with him.

Jada refused. She couldn’t’ stand the thought of leaving her parents alone in Des Moines.

While the investigation was still in its very early stages, the police already had a few possible leads. Jerimy Sneed, who had stayed with the Blewer’s the night before on the bus, was missing. No one had any idea where he had gone. Along with him was Beau Blewer’s red pick-up truck.

While Sneed wasn’t officially a suspect, police certainly wanted to talk to him about the murders.

Detectives were also suspicious of Rodney Borushaski. Like Jada and Beau, they had questioned him about the murders. When they asked about one of the workers named Jerimy, Rodney acted like he wasn’t sure who they were talking about.

That was a red flag for detectives. They sensed that he was hiding something, and they were determined to find out what.

A short time later, Rodney left Iowa to go back to Missouri. Detectives knew that it was about a six-hour trip. A few of them drove down to the Blewer farm to talk to him further.

Six-hours after detectives arrived there, Rodney came pulling into the driveway. They asked him what had taken so long. He told them that he had gotten lost in Kansas City. The investigators thought that was odd, so they kept questioning him.

Rodney kept changing his story every time. Finally, the detectives asked him if he would be willing to take a polygraph test. He agreed, and promptly failed. It was just one more confirmation of what investigators already knew: Rodney Borushaski was lying to them.

While police started a nationwide manhunt for Jerimy Sneed, detectives kept looking into Rodney.

They quickly discovered that Rodney and Jamie were having serious financial trouble, and they stood to benefit from the death of Bobie and Marilyn. Detectives also found shell casings at their Missouri home that matched the ones found at the murder scene in Iowa.

On August 23, 1996, Rodney Borushaski was arrested for the murder of Bobie and Marilyn Blewer.

Then, just a few days later, on August 31, Jerimy called Florida police and turned himself in.

Sitting in the air-conditioned interrogation room, Jerimy thought about everything that had happened over the past few months.

Over the years, no matter he had done, he had always accepted responsibility for his actions. He never tried to blame anyone else. Sitting there, staring at the detectives, Jerimy knew that it was time to do that again.

As they began to ask him about the murders in Iowa, he told them the truth.

He had first met Rodney Borushaski when he was living in Kansas City.

They had been introduced by a mutual friend, Timothy Headen. Rodney seemed friendly enough, and he and Jerimy got along well.

Then, later in the evening, Rodney started talking about how he wished his in-laws were dead. The declaration took Jerimy by surprise. He hardly knew this guy, and he was talking about his in-laws dying. Jerimy figured that he must be joking and left it at that.

Later, Jerimy and Timothy went to visit the Borushaski’s at their home on the Blewer farm. He was introduced to Jamie, Rodney’s wife, and they all sat down to talk.

Once again, Rodney started talking about how he wanted his in-laws to die. This time, Jerimy knew that he wasn’t joking.

Rodney said that Bobie had habitually molested Jamie when she was a girl, and now he was sexually abusing their 4-year-old son.

This resonated with Jerimy. He had been abused by an adult member of his parent’s church when he was only 9-years-old.

Rodney told him about Bobie’s food stand business, and said that he and Marilyn were worth $500,000. Finally, he got to the point: if Jerimy agreed to kill the couple, then Rodney would give him $30,000.

Jerimy thought about it. He had just gotten out of prison, and had no real prospect of success in his life. $30,000 was a lot of money for ridding the world of a child molester and the person who had allowed him to do it.

By the end of the night, Jerimy agreed to murder the Blewer’s.

Rodney had gotten Jerimy the job at the food stand because he thought it would be a good idea for the Blewers to be familiar with him. It would help them to lower their guard around him.

Initially, they had planned to murder the Blewers at the Mississippi Valley Fair. By that time, Jerimy was having second thoughts, and decided that he wasn’t going to go through with the murder. During that entire time, Rodney kept calling him, demanding to know why he hadn’t committed the murders yet.

But no matter how much Jerimy tried, he couldn’t bring himself to kill the Blewers.

After the fair was over, he quit and drove back to Missouri.

Rodney was furious.

He told Jerimy that if he didn’t kill Bobie and Marilyn, then he was going to call the police. He was going to tell them that he had found out that Jerimy was planning to murder his in-laws and steal their money.

Jerimy was an ex-convict on parole. The police wouldn’t have a hard time believing the story, and Jerimy knew it.

Reluctantly, he drove to Des Moines and found the Blewer’s at their stand.

The morning of the murder, he woke up after Beau and Jada had left. It was just him, Bobie, and Marilyn on the bus. They talked a little, and then Jerimy got up to use the bathroom.

As he got close to Bobie, something broke inside him. There was something about the older man that just irritated him, set his teeth on edge. As he closed the door to the bathroom behind him, Jerimy made a choice.

When he came out, Jerimy got into the bag he had brought with him and took out a .380 caliber handgun. Bobie was surprised. He asked Jerimy where he had gotten it. Jerimy told him he had bought it from someone in Kansas City.

Jerimy then asked Bobie if he could do him a favor. When Bobie asked what, Jerimy asked him to get on his knees and open the safe. Reaching into the bag again, he took out a .22 caliber revolver and pointed it directly at Marilyn, who was sitting at the table.

He told her to stay seated and leave her hands on the table.  He told them that neither of them was going to get hurt.

The Blewers were shocked. They told Jerimy that they had trusted him. They needed that money for the farm. If he took everything, then they wouldn’t be able to pay for their house and would lose their property.

Jerimy told them that he wasn’t going to take all of it, just some. Reluctantly, Bobie opened the safe and took out around $22,000. Jerimy told him to put $10,000 of that into a separate pile for him.

When he was done, Jerimy told him to take some duct tape and put it over Marilyn’s mouth. Throwing Bobie some rope, he told her to tie her hands next. After, Jerimy put tape over Bobie’s mouth and told him to get down on the floor.

When he was lying down, Jerimy taped his hands together. The entire time Bobie and Marilyn kept trying to talk to him, to reason with him. Jerimy ignored them.

As he reached for a nearby pillow, Marilyn realized what Jerimy really intended to do. She stood up suddenly and started to move.

Almost instinctually, Jerimy shot her with the .380. The round hit her in the chest, and she fell to the floor. Immediately, Jerimy bent down and shot Bobie at close range in the back of the head.

As he stood, he heard Marilyn crying. She wasn’t dead yet. Jerimy walked over to her and shot her again through the forehead.

It was done. They were dead. It was time to leave.

He quickly wiped off the .22 revolver and set it down on one of the chairs. He put all the money into his bag and started looking for the keys to Beau’s truck. When he found them, he walked outside and drove away.

After driving around Des Moines for a while, he parked the truck at a convenience store and called a taxi. While he waited for it to arrive, he emptied all the bullets from his handgun and left them there.

He paid the taxi to take him to a local bus station. After a brief stop, Jerimy went to Odessa, Missouri, where he and Rodney had arranged to meet.

That night, Rodney called him and told him that the police in Iowa wanted to talk to him. He said he would drive down the next day and they could split the money then.

The next day, the two met as planned. They split the cash and Rodney dropped him off along a country backroad so that no one saw them together. He drove off, and Jerimy started walking.

As he walked, Jerimy broke down the gun and randomly disposed of the parts into the surrounding fields.

For the next several days, Jerimy travelled the country, spending the cash he had murdered the Blewer’s for on alcohol, drugs, and prostitutes. By the time he had reached Miami, he was broke.

Along the way, he had plenty of time to think about what he had done and the story that Rodney had told him. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered how much of it was true and how much had been made up in order to get him angry enough to hate Bobie and Marilyn and kill them.

Jerimy was arrested for first-degree murder and returned to Iowa.

Rodney Borushaski hired Iowa lawyer Brad McCall to defend him. In order to pay his fee, Jamie promised that she would pay his expenses from her part of the Blewer estate.


Brad McCall, on the left, and Rodney Borushaski, on the right. Courtesy of the Des Moines Register


McCall pushed to move the trial date up as soon as possible.

This strategy took Frank Severino and his fellow prosecutor, Melodee Hanes, completely off guard and left them with very little time to prepare their own strategy for the trial.

McCall’s next step was to move for Rodney and Jerimy to be tried separately. The judge agreed with his argument and ruled the two men would now have their own separate trials.

Next, he argued that Jerimy’s confession to the police in Florida was hearsay evidence, which is a statement that has been taken outside of a trial and used as evidence. This kind of statement is usually considered inadmissible in court because the person who was supposed to have made the statement isn’t present. This makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to determine the actual credibility of the statement in evidence.

Once again, the judge agreed.

This left the prosecution in a very precarious position. Most of their case against Rodney was anchored in Jerimy’s damning testimony. Without that, they mostly had circumstantial evidence that would be much easier for the defense to tear apart.

When the trial started, the prosecution began by calling Timothy Headen, the man who had introduced Jerimy and Rodney, as a witness.

Headen said that Rodney had seemed jealous of the things the Blewer’s gave to Beau and Jana. Rodney had said that they were stupid, and had told Headen on more than one occasion that he would like to have his in-laws killed.

McCall countered by throwing more suspicion on Beau. He had been so calm after the murders, like they didn’t bother him. Jamie Borushaski, his own sister, even testified against him. She related to the jury how he had seemingly been in a great mood after their parents deaths, laughing and making jokes.

Jamie also said that Beau had given her $1,000 after the murder.

A ring was found in the Blewer’s bedroom that Jada had given to Jamie. The defense pointed out that Bobie always wore two rings, and that they had been removed from his body.

However, Jada told the jury that the ring wasn’t her father’s; it had belonged to her mother. Jamie countered, later testifying that it really was Bobie’s ring.

At the end of it, there was no evidence that Beau was involved. McCall had tried to subtly shift blame to him, but the strategy just hadn’t worked.

After considering all the evidence for four long days, the jury finally reached a verdict: Rodney Borushaski was guilty of two counts of first-degree murder.

Rodney was jealous of the Blewers and their money. He believed that they were wealthy, and that they spent more money spoiling Jada and Beau than they should. Rodney felt that should come to him and Jamie.

He had used Jerimy as a tool to kill his in-laws and get their money. Jamie and his son had never been abused. Rodney had made up the story to make Jerimy hate them.

While he had won a major victory, Severino didn’t feel that Rodney and Jerimy had acted alone.

Ever since Jerimy’s confession, he had a strong suspicion that Jamie also had a part in the murder of her parents.

She had allegedly been there during Rodney’s conspiratorial conversations with Jerimy, and had just as much to gain financially as her husband did.

One of the only people that knew for sure was Jerimy Sneed. He had already confessed and talked extensively about Rodney’s part in the murders. Maybe he would talk about Jamie as well.

Jerimy wanted something as well.

He figured that if he was going to spend the rest of his life in a cell, he wanted to make it as comfortable as possible. On his own, without the knowledge of his lawyers or anyone else, he began writing to a federal prosecutor in Des Moines.

He wanted to make a plea deal. In exchange for unrevealed information about the case, Jerimy wanted to go to a federal prison. He thought the food was better there, and their libraries had a larger reading selection.

The prosecution was willing to listen, but he needed to give them harder evidence than just his word.

Jerimy told them he did. He and Jamie were lovers, and had been writing candid letters back and forth for weeks. More importantly, he still had all the letters that she had sent to him.

Over the next year, the prosecution slowly and carefully built their case against Jamie. They had almost lost their case against Rodney because they hadn’t had enough time to prepare properly, and this time were determined to cover all their angles.

In late August 1997, they were ready.

Jamie Borushaski was placed under arrest for the murder of her parents, Bobie and Marilyn Blewer.

The prosecution opened the case by placing Jerimy Sneed on the stand. They wanted to give the jurors the entire story of what had happened the previous year before they started using other evidence to support Jerimy’s claims.

After Jerimy had moved in with Rodney and Jamie, there was a time when Rodney was away with the Blewers helping with the food stand. While he was gone, Jamie and Jerimy began sleeping together. As the relationship continued, Jerimy fell in love with her.

Jamie said that she was going to divorce Rodney, and then the two of them could get together.

Jerimy told the jury that at several points in their relationship, they talked about his purpose being there. She fully understood that he was there to kill her parents, and had even showed Jerimy the Blewer’s life insurance policy for $450,000 when he said he wanted proof of the money.

On one occasion, Rodney and Jerimy had Jamie listen inside the trailer while they fired the murder weapon into a pillow to see if she could hear the gunshots.

Jerimy kept asking Jamie if she wanted him to commit the murders. He told the jury that if she had told him not to, then he would have never have done it.

But she never had.

When Jamie was called to testify in her own defense, she said that she had written Jerimy the letters because she didn’t want him to say anything against her or Rodney. She said that there had never been an affair.

However, under the prosecution’s examination, she told the jury that she had lied during Rodney’s trial. She admitted that Beau had never given her any money. She had lied to keep her husband from going to prison.

Jamie, like her husband, was convicted of two counts of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison.

Jamie and Rodney, in separate prisons, eventually divorced. Both still proclaim their innocence. Almost 30 years later, both are still in prison.

Jerimy Sneed was placed in a federal prison, where he will spend the rest of his natural life.

Beau and Jada tried to continue the family business together for a few years, but eventually they went their separate ways.

Beau became involved with the rodeo and horses, while Jada took one of the food stands she inherited from her parents and started her own business.

The double homicide of Bobie and Marilyn Blewer are still the only murders to have ever occurred at the Iowa State Fair. Hundreds of thousands of people attend every year, walking past the exact spot where the Blewer’s stand served people just like them decades before.



Alex, Tom. Two slain at fair. The Des Moines Register, 8/13/1996

Alex, Tom. Slain couple’s employee sought. The Des Moines Register, 8/14/1996

Wagner, Jay P.  Fair officials attempt to reassure stunned visitors. The Des Moines Register, 8/13/2016

Alex,Tom. Slain couple’s employee sought. The Des Moines Register, 8/14/2016

Bolton, Kathy A., and Rodgers, Grant. Murder at the State Fair, Part 1: Greed, Envy and Lies. Des Moines Register, 8/13/2016

Bolton, Kathy A., and Rodgers, Grant. Murder at the State Fair, Part 2: Guilty Conscience. Des Moines Register, 8/15/2016

Bolton, Kathy A., and Rodgers, Grant. Murder at the State Fair, Part 3: The Secret Affair. Des Moines Register, 8/16/2016

Bolton, Kathy A., and Rodgers, Grant. Murder at the State Fair, Part 4: A Daughter’s Betrayal. Des Moines Register, 8/17/2016

Crowder, Courtney. Decades after murders at the Iowa State Fair, a daughter returns to further her parent’ legacy. Des Moines Register, 8/10/2021


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: